SCORING MUSIC / COMPOSING FOR FILM
Film Scoring Audio demo reel (3 min) – Action, Drama, Sad, Magic Fantasy, Comedy, Grandeur, Horror
Film Scoring Tools to Compose Film Music
My film music composing tools include Sibelius and MuseScore notation software, Reaper DAW sequencer, MIDI keyboards, and a KORG nanoKontrol Studio mixing board. Also many sampled instruments to compose, including EWQL Quantum Leap symphonic orchestra, Spitfire Audio’s Symphonic Orchestra, Hans Zimmer Strings, Spitfire’s Albion Collection orchestral libraries, Audiobro’s Symphony Series libraries, and Heavocity’s FORZO and NOVO libraries. –randall_oelerich
Film Scoring Demo Reel
NOTE: The following video/audio clips from films are used here for educational scholarly purposes learning film scoring, many as part of a composing for film class from Berklee College of Music. If any film studios that own rights to these films have an issue with this please contact me and I will gladly remove the clips from public viewing. I am using the short film clips for practice film scoring composition under the Fair Use Copyright act.
Here are a few audio examples of my composed film scoring music. –randall_oelerich:
Film Scoring Libraries Used for Composing Film Music
Just snagged a composing library for live horror / thriller film scoring known as THRILL. Huge orchestral and found sounds possibilities for creating tonal and atonal dissonant soundscapes for scoring scenes in scary films.
I just snagged Albion One, an orchestral library for composing film music. Has many high quality instruments of the orchestra to use in compositions, Excited to play with Albion One.
Likely going to acquire this vocal libary for composing, sounds wonderful.
I am researching the film composing library Gravity by Heavyocity, strongly considering acquiring but at $500 retail I will hold out for a sale price.
Acquired Hans Zimmer Strings composing library of instruments. Beautiful strings, has all string instruments and their articulations that one could imagine, including harmonics for bass, cello, and upper range instruments of course like violas and violins. Especially nice for software sounds but also has epic string instruments.
- MIRROR MIRROR (horror) - randall oelerich
- ACTION-THRILLER - randall oelerich
- INTENSE ACTION - randall oelerich
- END CREDITS (Alone) - randall oelerich
- ROBIN HOOD'S DEATH - randall oelerich
- HIGHLANDS - randall oelerich
- EDM Electronic Dance Music - randall oelerich
- ALIEN CITY - randall oelerich
- DAVINCI'S ANGELS - randall oelerich
- DRAMA (soft piano and strings) - randall oelerich
- PIRATES BEWARE - randall oelerich
- SAD DRAMA - randall oelerich
- AMBIENT CHILL - randall oelerich
- LEAVING VEGA - randall oelerich
- SNEAKING AROUND - randall oelerich
- A QUESTION OF TIME - randall oelerich
- JORDAN'S THEME - randall oelerich
- WHAT'S DOWN THERE? - randall oelerich
- EXPLORING HAUNTED COTTAGE - randall oelerich
- CONTEMPLATION - randall oelerich
- PRESIDENTIAL - randall oelerich